Guidance for candidates attending our training venue
We ask that should you have ANY symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with anyone showing signs that you please do not attend this training and notify us.
Should you develop the Covid-19 symptoms during the course or receive a Track & Trace message that you are required to isolate then you should immediately inform a member of staff, go home immediately and follow the NHS guidelines for isolation and your employer will be informed.
Face-coverings will not be provided by us, but candidates are welcome to wear their own should they wish.
Upon arrival to the training room you will be asked to hand sanitise immediately and check in using the NHS Covid-19 Contact Tracing App should you have the App, these are on the walls but also situated on each table.
- Course numbers have been reduced to a maximum of 7 on a course at our training facilities depending on room.
- Chairs are placed 2m apart and we ask that you try to adhere to social distancing during the course and during breaks - we ask that where possible please do not all go at once at break times for a drink or toilet but give each other the social distancing space required.
- All candidates will be required to wear a face-covering on entry to and from the building and when moving around the corridors within the building. Those who have a medical exemption will not be required to wear a face-covering - candidates may remove their face-covering if they wish when seated for training and the trainer will remove theirs to present the course.
- The trainer will wear a face-covering if moving around the room to observe training.
- For CPR practice – Each candidate will have their own QCPR manikin (QCPR manikins are interactive with iPad giving feedback to the trainer keeping you and the trainer safe).
All manikins are thoroughly cleaned & have the lungs changed at the end of each course - the wipes provided should be used on your manikin before you begin your CPR and afterwards.
- Recovery Position - will still be demonstrated, you will demonstrate on yourself to the assessor.
- Bandaging & Slings - these will be cleaned / new and will be demonstrated on yourself, hand sanitising will be done before and after this session.
- Refreshments are still provided but we ask that you use the same mug all day or bring your own if you wish – you can rinse your mug using hot water from the boilers.
- After each break the surfaces and containers will be cleaned with antibacterial wipes or spray.
- At the end of the day the room is thoroughly cleaned, and all surfaces will be cleaned with antibacterial wipes or spray.